In celebration of Texas Arbor Day, Simmons Tree Farms wants to help one lucky group of Harlingen neighbors add shade to their street. Enter to win a tree for every home on your street!
How do you apply?
- Complete and return the application form by 5 pm on Friday, November 20, 2020.
- The winning street will be announced on Wednesday, November 25th.
What do you win?
- A 30 minute tree planting / tree care demo and info session.
- Each home on the winning street is eligible to receive a live oak tree that the homeowner will plant. The trees will have a 2” caliper and will be at least 10’ tall.
If your street wins, how do you get your tree?
- At least one adult from the home needs to attend the 30 minute tree planting / tree care demonstration on your street at 9 a.m. on Saturday, December 5, 2020.
- You must be prepared to plant and water your tree that weekend.
Here are some of the ways trees are so awesome:
- Increased shade on a street increases physical activity and the health of the residents.
- Trees increase your property value.
- Trees attract birds and wildlife.
- Properly placed trees shade your house and reduce your electric bills.
- Shaded pavement makes asphalt last longer . . . . no potholes!
- Trees increase a person’s sense of well-being and happiness.
- Planting trees together will help you get to know your neighbors and will build community.
Download the 2020 application now!
This year’s contest is open to Harlingen residents.